Monday, March 2, 2009

My World's Record ...

A few weeks ago while making pancakes for breakfast ... and without realizing this ... I was making history! What began as making a simple pancake, ended with me making the smallest pancakes ... EVER! Every time I'd make a cake for one of the kids, I would serve it to them smaller than the one I had served before. The kids would laugh and kept asking me if I could make an even smaller one ... and of course I so did. It was a Saturday (our lazy day) so we had all the time in the world. By the time the batter was gone, we had pancakes the size of teeny tiny little dots. The ducklings thought this was amazing! We offered them to the birds by tossing them out the backdoor. It was fun.

So today Cole came over to play and while the boys were eating lunch I over heard Jacob say (in his proud loud voice) "My mom broke the world's record and made the smallest pancakes in the WORLD!!!"

Had I known all this, I would have taken a picture first ... hello!

4 comments:

Sharlene Enloe said...

Sounds like tons of fun around your house. I love the syrup story. It reminds me of my life.

Jill Petersen said...

You rock Carrie!!! Such a fun mom! I can't believe you broke a record and didn't even get a picture! You'll have to do it again! That sounds like a really fun day!

Lindsey said...

SWEET!!! THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTING COLE COME OVER TO PLAY..HE LOVES TO GO OVER THERE AND BE WITH HIS COUSINS AND YOU CAUSE YOU GIVE HIM BUBBLE GUM AND ALL:)THANKS YOUR THE BEST!!!

fivecutekids said...

I love this post Carrie Tolman, you make me smile. You are such a fun mom!