Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Tuesday!

This morning we all got out of bed a little later than usual. I need to be better in the mornings. Last night Owen went to bed late, so of course I did too. He wanted to chit chat about a whole lot of nothing. For example he said this: "blood comes out of noses." Anyway, he woke up feeling a lot better today. I think he is all pooped out, if you know what I mean. All he wanted for breakfast were pancakes. He loves syrup so much, I think he just wanted the syrup more than the cakes. Just out of the blue, he will go grab the bottle and lick the top of it just for the heck of it. For dinner we had spaghetti, garlic rolls and corn and he had the bottle of syrup next to his plate trying to figure what he could dip the syrup with. I made him put it away. Silly boy!

Side story: He was sad at the Zoo on Saturday because they weren't selling the kettle corn or "popcorn syrup" so he calls it. He loves anything resembling syrup.

I helped Jacob carry his construction paper filled with cotton balls to his class. The kids loved it. His friend Talon belted out "that rocks!" So cute. I stayed for a minute to watch him show his class his work of art. I could tell he was very proud. I love his little excited but bashful smile. Oh, that boy is yummy! After I picked Jacob and Avery up from school, we went over to Jamie's house for lunch. Thanks Jam, it was delish! The boys stayed and played for a awhile this afternoon and had a blast. Poor Madi had a bad day at school. She made some mistakes on an assignment in class, got kicked and slapped in the face by a friend on accident, had a disagreement with her best friend and then felt left out at her Activity Days. The only thing I felt I could do besides listen to her was to: (1) offer her a chocolate bar (good thing I had her favorite one on hand) (2) let her cry it out (3) tell her how much I love her (4) reminded her that I was her best friend anyway! I'm so happy that she had a fun time at dance tonight. I think that made up for today. Tomorrow will be a better day for her! The kids are fast asleep so therefore ... I'm off to bed myself.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE THEM!!!DOES IT MAKE ME A BAD PERSON IF I WANT TO BEAT UP ANYONE THAT HURTS MY MADI ANNS FEELINGS???OK BREATH..HA HA..SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DAY:)

Jill Petersen said...

I hate days like that with Ally. My friend is having the same stuff going on with her daughter. You feel so bad for them, and again, it is totally an age thing. I don't know if it gets any better! I do the same thing when Ally comes home. Give her lots of loves, find some treats and let her cry. Her dad doesn't usually let her cry!

I think Owen must be Elf! The four main food groups: Candy, Candy Corn, something else, and Syrup! ha ha!!!

Julie said...

I am with Lindsey...who can I beat up for hurting Madi's feelings? It is so much harder watching your children get hurt that hurting yourself. I hope today is better!

Becky Gray said...

Don't you know syrup is one of the food group. candy, candy corns, candy canes and syrup.... I love Owen.

Stephanie said...

I was thinking about the movie Elf when I read this too! He ate syrup on spaghetti, so I say Owen should go for it!