Thursday, September 18, 2008

Busy Day....but TY IS BACK!!!!

This morning was pretty hectic trying to get the kids ready for school. Madi went on a Field Trip so I wanted to make sure she was ready for that adventure. We were out the door around 8:15! We picked up our cute neighbor boy and took him too. I'm still having to get out of the car to walk Jacob to his line. He was the first in line this morning and was very happy about that. Of course I don't mind helping him, but I have to say that the whole walker thing is starting to wear on me a little. I'm looking forward to watching him jump out of the car and head to class himself. But because I was waiting with him, Owen and I were invited to go over to a ladies house to have a playdate for our 3 year olds. I ran home and showered and them went over at 9:30. We stayed for an hour. Owen and 3 maybe 4 other kids now have a play group every Thursday. These ladies are very sweet so I'm looking forward to that. I think this will be great for Owen. He deserves something fun to look forward to other than the places here and there for Madi and Jacob. After our playdate Owie and I ran to the store to pick up ONE item that I needed. I hate those trips to the store. We then picked up Jacob and Avery from school. Just as we were pulling out of the parking lot a cute mom of one of the kids in Jacobs class invited Jacob to go over and play tomorrow along with a couple of other boys from class. I turned and asked Jacob if he wanted to go and he clearly said out loud "Na!" I asked him if he wanted to think about it and he looked at me so seriously and said "No, I'd rather not!" I was a little embaressed. Liz was so sweet about it and said that if he changes his mind he's still welcome to come. Tonight Jacob said he wanted to go. I feel like I should make a treat to break the ice and make a peace offering. This is probably just my anxiety kicking in. She really did'nt care. Funny thing though, while Jacob was passing up this fun opportunity Owen yelled "I'll go!" My boys personalities can be so night and day sometimes. So we ran home to eat lunch and then it was off to a PTA meeting at the school. Thanks Jamie for watching my boys. They love her house and always seem to have a great time there! I came home to clean up the house and wait for my Miss Madi to come home from school. After homework, chores, and piano practice we headed to Malik's soccer game. On the way there I picked up McDonald's for the kids dinner. Brenda and Corey went to Hillarys dinner before the wedding thing of a bop. Not sure the correct fancy name for that. I was glad to be there for Malik and to cheer him on. His team lost...good try though! We came home to see DADDY.... we of course had our usual laugh, tickel and talk moments. I love to hear the kids voices and even Ty's when they first see each other. So sweet. Madi was my hero tonight and put Owen in the shower with her. Whew! Now that the ducklings have had bathes, bedtime stories read and prayers said, their tucked in bed and...IT'S FINALLY JUST TY AND I!!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

O.K. now I am tired...you always have such busy days. I guess that is why you have your kids when you are young, I need a nap after just reading about your day! Yeah, for Owen that he is in a play group. He will love it. I think it is so funny about the boys and their personalities. I had the same thing with Cam and Ty...Cam liked to stay home and as Ty called him he was a wall hugger at school. Ty on the other hand, never wanted to be home...and had lots of activities and friends to keep him busy! Anywho...everyone is different and what makes one person happy and content maybe is not what makes someone else happy and content! Wow, that was DEEP!

Lindsey said...

GOOD HELL!! I THINK MY MOM SAID ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE.. HA HA. YOUR A GREAT PERSON FOR HELPING OUT WITH EVERYTHING YOU DO.. YOUR AMAZING AND A WONDERFUL MOM,FRIEND,WIFE ECT... HOPE YOUR DAY IS MORE RELAXED TODAY.. LETS DO LUNCH AGAIN. IT WAS FUN!!!

Jill Petersen said...

Busy days! Sometimes I think I should write everything down that I did that day! I am amazed at the things mom's can get done! You on the other hand look like you do it with such ease!

I love that Jacob said I'd rather not! Such great grammer! I am glad Ty is home!

.........Still ME! said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking time to cheer on Malik at his soccer game. You really are such a great friend, I keep thinking that you are going to get sick and tired of helping me (super needy friend)! I love you tons!