Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Ducklings and I

Idaho stole my husband again this week. Ty left on Monday and will be coming home on Thurs. Ya Hoo! I miss him and want him home! The kids miss him too. Our home runs the same when Ty is away, but the silence of him is hard, especially after day 2! This morning started out great. We were right on time and ready to go by 8:15 until Jacob said he could'nt find his flip flop. Owen hid it somewhere! For the love of grapes where did he put it? We still can't find it. He ended up having to wear his old camping shoe. I was so embaressed. Oh well! Jacob is obsessed with letters lately and all he does is tell me what the sounds of each letter makes and then tells me what letter is for what word. Very cute....and proud I am! Owen threw a loaf of bread at me this afternoon for no reason at all. After his "time away" he informed me "I just wanted a sandwich." Honestly child! Jacob came to me telling me he wanted what Owen had. I look up to find Owen looking at me PROUD AS CAN BE with a Twinkie in hand. Owen opened the box himself and threw his chewing he said to me "but I said I could have one!" He really thought that counted as OK!


Madi is really into this book right now. She is an awesome reader...we are so happy for her!Owen's new "scary face" Watch out....he's so frightening!
"Say NO to Wii" Jacob could play for hours on end. He has even started to make invisible hand motions. If I tell him we need to run a couple of errands, he'll quickly ask me if he can play again when we get home!

This is what I want to see! Can you see the difference in him already?

I bought this wreath at Costco today. I think it's pretty cute. The Holidays are coming whether I like it or not so here you have it...I'm ready for November!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love that you write about your everyday life! It's got to be hard when Ty is gone for so long. Keep on smiling...How could you not with Owen around?

Marinda said...

cute wreath! It just barely hit me that summer is officially over and fall is here. It all goes by so quickly.

Jill Petersen said...

Doing all of it alone is hard! You do a great job! Owen kills me! "I said I could have one" ? I am still laughing about that! Your pics of the kids are so sweet. I love watching my girls read and I love reading to the boys. It's cheerished time at my house. Your kids are smart ducklings. Just one more day right? Hang in there!!!

Becky Gray said...

Carrie I love the random stuff you write about you make me laugh... It makes me sad when I realize that summer is over! The pictures of the kids are so cute. I'm sorry Ty is gone so long, let me know if I can help somehow.

Lindsey said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT WREATH!! IT WILL LOOK GREAT ON YOU DOOR:)CUTE PICTURES I LOVE THEM THEY ARE JUST CANDID AND THEM.. SOOO CUTE!!