Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jacob's Broken Leg...OUCH!!!

On Thursday Jacob was jumping on his friends trampoline when he double bounced and broke his Tibia! He did'nt even fall off the dang thing. Nothing is worse to me than seeing my child in pain like that...it just broke my heart. At first Ty and I kind of thought it was just a sprain because we were able to touch it a little and he started stretching it out after a while. It was hardly swollen plus he would sometimes laugh when he said it hurt. Feeling nervous I called the nurse and she said to watch it and give it about 24 hours or so. About 6:20, Friday morning I went in our room to check on him and just by looking at him I knew that it had to be broken. He was so sore and I could see it in his eyes that this was way more than a sprain. We went in and had X-rays taken and finally it was confirmed that he broke his leg!
So I have to call on Monday to make an appointment for him to get his cast on. Hopefully that appointment will be on Monday! This is all my little boy can do or wants to do for the next couple of days before we cast it. But even with the cast we've been told to stay off it...we'll see how long that will last. Sorry buddy...we love you and think you are more brave than ALL the transformers!
Jacob is really enjoying the attention he has been getting...or should I say the gifts he has been receiving! I loved the look on his face when I brought him his favorite ice-cream to eat in the living room! So cute. I'm happy to see him smile and I love to hear him laugh...thanks meds...we heart you!

8 comments:

Becky Gray said...

We hope you feel better soon!!! We think you are very brave!

Michelle Y. said...

poor little guy, there really is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain. The ultimate compliment to a boy is definetely the Transformer one!

.........Still ME! said...

I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry , I can't say it enough times! As I read your story and talk to you about it I just want to cry, I can't imagine how worried you are about him. We love you tons Jacob, sorry we won't see you much for the rest of your life because you're grounded from us!(I really wouldn't blame you guys)

Lindsey said...

HE IS SO CUTE!! I'M SO SAD FOR HIM!! LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING TO HELP... THE BOYS WOULD LOVE TO COME OVER AND JUST HANG OUT WITH HIM. WE HEART BUBA,BUBBLES,BABA OR JUST JACOB:)

Madi said...

ZT5Lindsey...we loved the phone call from Octimus Prime (or however the heck you spell his name) that made Jacob, Buba and Bubbles night! We love ya. Baba is my favorite so far...silly woman!

Marinda said...

Dang that sucks, sorry buddy.
Hopefully he"ll be up and at 'em before school starts.

Sharlene Enloe said...

Poor little guy. I'm dreading the day when one of my kids breaks a bone. So sad!!!

Jill Petersen said...

I am sooooo sorry that happened to the little guy! I always worry about breaking bones! I bet he does love the attention though! Give him a big kiss for me, and call if I can do anything for you!