Sunday, October 18, 2009

Versailles, France - 11 Octobre 2009

Well since I took SO many pictures of our trip, I thought it would be easier (for me) to break this up into 3 parts. Varsailles, France was the tail end of our trip. Here is Part 3 ...

We toured the Estate of Varsailles, the Gardens and Marie-Antoinetts's State ...
Palace

We traveled from Paris to Versailles on this train. It was about a 30 minute ride. I wish I could say the scenery was beautiful the entire time, but it was mostly all neighborhood after neighborhood without any Costco ...
I'm not so sure if even this size of a fireplace could warm up one of their rooms! Everything was so tall, wide and bare.


The Courtyard ...
I loved every detail on the Palace ...
Who cares about height, they should have gone for width ...
We thought he looked like a dork ...


Marie-Antoinette ...
It showered for a minute or two and then stopped. Ty doing a pretty umbrella dance. We were just happy to be in France!



Just a little staircase, nothing too crazy and big ...
The Gardens and Groves ...









Loved the Fall colors ...
I can't find the words to express my love for this sandwich. Where do I start ... THE CHEESE ... THE MEAT ... THE BREAAAAAD! Loved every bite!
The hunting grounds ...



I thought this looked like a Miss Madi Girl type of bed ...
Grand Trianon walkway ...
More of the Garden and Grove ... I love all their flowers!

Why is this picture here? lol ... I took this picture to show my kids how they have these to lean on rather than benches to sit on.
Interesting little flowers ...
Ty being aMazing in some Grove. There were so many and I wish I could remember the name of it. I bet Ty would know ...
I wonder what kind of berries these are? ...
A clock garden ...
When the French Swat team pulled up they saw 2 curious Americans. So in my panic, I just took a picture of them! I thought it was interesting that we were next to a few other countries Embessy's but our own. Of course.
I almost told Ty to keep quiet while I ate the Creme Brulee. I think it just tasted better because I was eating it in Paris!
A typical looking Restaurant in Paris. I love how the chairs are facing out ...
We got a kick out of watching this guy park his car while pushing the other parked vehicles out of the way. It must be a France thing ...
Here are some fun treats that I brought home to my kids. I wanted them to see a few familiar snacks that they eat but that are in another language and country. It was fun ...

More to come ....

3 comments:

Mckayla said...

I'm so jealous! That clock garden was cool and the Miss Madi bed :)

LOTS OF LOVE
Mckayla

Austin Tolman said...

So cool! I'm so glad you had a great time!
Mariah

Becky Gray said...

Love the pics... my favorite is when Ty was dancing, and the food. :) you are a lucky girl!!!