Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Fun ...

On Friday, Ty and a couple of friends headed out to St. George for some dirt biking. Ty's mom picked the kids up on her way home from work and took them to dinner. I had a baby shower to go to, so that was very nice of Julie to take them for awhile while I went to that. Later when I ran over to pick them up, I did'nt realize how much I had already missed them. We went back to Amy's and there the kids watched a movie. They were so tired and finally around 11:00, we came home and went to bed.

We spent Saturday morning being lazy and watching cartoons on my bed with feet and arms all over each other. At 11:15 the kids had swim lessons. (pictures will be coming) Owen loves to wear his goggles and dive for the rings. He is listening well and is finally dunking his head all the way under the water. At first he would just put his face under and call it good. He loves to jump in and float on his back. Jacob is just gumbie on crack! He is really trying to cordinate is arms and legs while swimming. What is it with boys? He loves to splash around, float on his back and of course, jump in. He is doing such a great job! The week before, he jumped in the deep end but was not sure if he liked it or not. Next time ... we think, I hope?!? Madi is doing great! She is swimming laps from one end to the other. She feels nervous about diving, but does it anyway. Her instructor is very incouraging and tells her she can do it and pretty much just makes her. Ty and I want all of her instructors to be this way. She wants to try out for the Murray Mac soon. We know she can do it! After swim lessons we came home to bathe and have lunch. Soon after that we were off to the Zoo for the afternoon. Being that the weather was so nice, everyone wanted to be at the zoo. I love having a zoo pass, because we never have to feel like we have to see every animal every time we go. As soon as I saw all the cars lined up along both sides of the road, I promised the kids a train ride and carousel ride, then told them to choose the animals they wanted to visit the most. It was just that crazy! For dinner we went to Chili's. We cannot get enough of their chips and salsa. Oh so yummy! The kids were so great at the restaurant and actually ate all their food. Hurray! After dinner we ran a couple of errands. Jacob needed 100 cotton balls for an assignment he is doing in class. Thank goodness I was finished with that because in the car on the way home Jacob's stomach started to hurt. I really think he just ate way too much. For some reason he felt that putting a cup to his mouth to breathe in would make him feel better. I just rolled his window down and had him take some deep breaths. I hate throw up and just wanted to make it home! But somewhere between State Street and Winchester or maybe even Clay Park, Owen decided to grab the cup from Jacob and throw it out the window! Finally we get home and he said he was starting to feel better. Soon after we got home, Ty came home and while the kids were helping him unpack, Jacob throws up in the garage. He runs in and finally makes it to the bathroom, but refuses to bend down to get his head closer to the toilet. Holy crap! So there I am behind him yelling at him to bend down and all the while he is just standing there straight up in front of the toilet while puck is splashing every where. I almost threw up. Ty told me he thinks the entire neighborhood could hear me yelling at him to "bend your head!" Then after that, I could see he had some throw up on his tongue, so I hurried and grabbed a paper towel to wipe it off. Bad idea, because he throws up again, but this time in the kitchen. Dang gag issue! So after those hellish minutes, the kids gave Ty loves and then went to bed! Goood Night!!!

Today Ty stayed home with Jacob. Owen had to pretend he hated Sunbeams and cried for me when I dropped him off. I just tossed him in anyway, and I kid you not, he immediately stopped crying. Amazing! I checked on him a little later to see that he was having a fantastic time! Tonight for family home evening, I wanted Owen to start out by telling us about his lesson in class. He wanted to make sure we all new that the Holy Ghost does not have a body. He quizzed Madi and Jacob by asking, "does Holy Ghost have body?" He was so cute and serious about it. After that I let him pick the lesson out of the box and he chose Ammon. Madi read it out loud and did a great job. Jacob and Owen did not listen. Suddenly when she read about arms being cut off and shown off, Jacob's eyes popped out. I guess that made us want to arm wrestle. Jacob beat Owen. Madi beat Jacob. Madi beat Owen. Now Owen is jumping over our backs and climbing on our shoulders. Ty beat all of us. At one point he thought he would just be nice and let me win. That made me mad, so I tried again. Ty just needs to loose for once! Thanks Madi for having my back ... and zero thanks to my boys!

(pictures from the zoo will be coming!)

4 comments:

amy16 said...

Holy Crap doesn't quite seem like enough. What a crazy weekend. I had fun at the shower. Thanks for the great idea!

Lindsey said...

SERIOUSLY.. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE JEANS OF OUR KIDS TO JUST THROW UP ON THE SPOT...MEGANS KIDS DO IT TOO:) I WAS UP WITH COLE LAST NIGHT HE SNUCK A BAG OF PATATO CHIPS AND THREW THEM UP ALL NIGHT GOTTA LOVE IT!!!YOUR SUCH A GOOD MOM TO ALWAYS KEEP THEM BUSY:)LOVE THE POST!!!

Julie said...

Sorry I missed swimming! I will make it for sure one of these Saturdays!

Becky Gray said...

WOW sound like fun... What a boring life if you didn't have Owen to shake things up. I love he threw the cup out the window :)