Thursday, September 4, 2008

What the Crap...

I have this thing where I think I can only blog if I have a picture. I'm changing that thought today. I have been up since 4:00 a.m. with this horrible feeling in my neck...hurts when I swallow. A few days ago I had a sore throat and BAD cough...that eventually went away. Then for some reason it would just hurt when I swallowed on both sides of my neck. Thankfully that just lasted for a day. Suddenly this morning the same pain came back but only on one side of my neck. I started wondering if maybe it was thyroids. I got out of bed to Google it and pretty much the Internet is telling me I have Cancer...whatever! I need to call a doctor because I really think it has be some kind of Thyroid issue. So after that lovely answer from the Internet I deciced to catch up on some blogs. I hate to start days off like this....so early in the morning. Nothing is worse to me than hearing my kids wake up and finding myself needing/wanting 20 more minutes. That sounded bad...but it's true. Today will be Jacob's first day of Kindergarden! I have been so upset about whether or not to send him. I hate that he has to go with a broken leg or maybe it's the walker thing....I don't know. I want him to have a fun day without any complications. He is so shy at times and what a way to bring on the attention. I thought about keeping him home for another week because Madi's piano teacher told me too (I know...I'm talking to the piano teacher) but then I figured that might make him feel like the new kid in class. I've never been the new kid in class, so how do I know what that feels like. Someone needs to shake me! So I finally settled my thoughts yesterday after talking to his teacher and she said it would be fine for me to stay with him the entire time. Ty will work from home and keep an eye on Owen. I'm thinking I have it all figured out on how I'm going to send Jacob to school next week but Ty told me last night while I was doing the dishes that Jacob can go on his own! What...more restless nights! On Friday Jacob has a doctors appointment for his leg. They will do another X-ray on it. Hopefully his little leg is healing properly...that would be great news! I'm really anxious to find out more about his Arthritis in his left leg! Jacob also has an eye appointment today which I think I need to cancel. I hav'nt decided that yet. It's most likely he'll need another surgery on his eye at end of this month or next. That won't be happening. Have I explained well enough as to why I have restless night? Good grief.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Don't you just love those nights? I wish I could tell you that it gets better as they get older...but NO, it doesn't! You never stop having those restless nights from the time you deliver! Good thing they go in spurts. Carrie, Jacob will be fine! I think he will do great at school! I understand your confusion though...what to do! what to do!

Becky Gray said...

Carrie, You make me laugh. But I have had those night too. Jacob will do just fine. Kids heal fast, I hope the xray will show that too.. He'll have so much fun at school. Let me know if I can help. You may need a nap this afternoon..

fivecutekids said...

Carrie, you are such a cute mom! I'm sorry you have so many worries on your worry-plate. One of the joys of being someone's mom, you are doing a fabulous job as Jacob's mom...and Madi's and Owen's. Jacob is a tough little guy, he will probably make MORE friends today then the average "no cast-kid". Tell him he is lucky, most kids don't get to go to school on their first day with a bright green cast, send a sharpie he's going to need it! Eat some chocolate, take a nap and everything will be better when you wake up. I love ya!

Lindsey said...

O CARRIE I LOVE YOU!!! I THINK YOU GUYS NEED A BREAK FROM YOUR WORRIES. GRANDMAS BACK!! HAHA (THAT WAS FUNNY MOM)YOUR SUCH A GOOD MOM AND TY IS A GREAT DAD AND IT WILL ALL WORK OUT.. CALL ME WHEN BUBA GETS OUT OF SCHOOL...

Jill Petersen said...

First off you're a great writer and you don't need pictures!

Also, I think it's good that you are letting Jacob start school even with the cast. It's totally normal to worry and that's what makes you such a great mom. You really are you know. I look up to you in so many ways it's crazy! Deap breaths! That's all I can say for now! Let me know if I can help.

Megan said...

I hate those nights I had one last night myself. Kept waking up anxious then I would start to sweat and it didnt help with Molly sleeping with us. I agree you should eat some chocolate and take a nap!

amy16 said...

Part of growing up is having difficult and weird moments. As Dori in Nemo says, "if you never let anything happen to him, then NOTHING will ever happen to him." Even five year olds need to know hard times so that they can apreciate the good. Also this is a great time for you to teach him coping skills. Children have a way of overcoming obsticales that seem even big to us adults.

My advice, sit down with Jacob and watch Nemo. Explain the lessons Nemo and Marlin learned from having a son going to school for the first time looking a little different.

Love you Carrie!

.........Still ME! said...

I think you said it best, "What the crap" I know everyone is empathizing with your day, (don't get me wrong, I am too) but holy crap, that was the biggest run on sentence! I realize it was 4am, but were you even coherent?

I love you dearly, I guess only I can make fun right? You are so funny! What a great mom, I am lucky to have you to show me how it's done. :)

Kim said...

Carrie, sorry to say the older your kids get the less you sleep! Before you know it your waiting up til midnight for them to come home...if they come home by midnight! I wish Jacob the very best with school and his leg. What a crappy way to begin your school years! He's a cutie though and I bet in the years to come it will be a favortie story for him to tell!