Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family Came to Town!

Last night my aunt Karen and cousin Julie and her two daughters McKenzie and Marissa came for a fast visit from Idaho. I was so happy to see them and visit with them. I tried to be the best Hostess ever, so I served them warm, straight from the oven cinnomon rolls and orange rolls for breakfast. I figured maybe I'd show them who owns the kitchen and scrambled some eggs! :) After breakfast we ran along and did a little shopping. That was fun....of course! I'm proud to say that no damage was done for me. I'm doing better at just saying NO! Karen and Julie then went to visit my other cousin Sean in (let's just say...."Draper") for a while. It was alot of fun hanging out with the girls while they were gone. These girls are so adorable. Kenz is 13 and Rissa is 11. I LOVE them! Later this evening they took off and headed back to Idaho. It was fast but well worth the few hours that they were here. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing then in November for Madi's baptism. Yep, you read that right, Madi will be baptized on Nov. 1! My baby is getting big....how can I stop time? How! How! How! With Super Saturday coming up and Madi's baptism my mind is overflowing with that. I feel busy. Tonight Ty and Madi went to the Utes game. GO UTES! I love it when my family comes for visits. It's fun for me to see everyone and catch up. Thanks for visiting Karen, Julie, Kenzi and Rissa....please come again!

5 comments:

fivecutekids said...

What a great weekend, family. friends and FUN. The HOSTESS with the MOSTESS! You are a cutie.

Lindsey said...

SWEET.. I'M SO HAPPY YOUR FAMILY CAME TO TOWN. IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO SEE FAMILY YOU HAVN'T SEEN IN A WHILE:)

Jill Petersen said...

Family time is precious! How fun for you. I bet they thought you were the best hostess ever! Rhodes rolls will do that to ya! ha ha!

As far as stopping time, I wish it were something we could do! I was a ball baby for like 3 months up to and after Ally was baptised in January. I am so excited for Madi. It was one of the most spiritual things I have been able to experience. I can't wait! You'll do great too! I know it feels like our hearts are being ripped from us but how cool to witness something so special!

Little Hall Cubs said...

I looked for you guys at the game with no such luck. I didn't know Matti was 8!? WOW. Gracie gets baptized in a year. And I thought Kindergarten was going to be hard. Good Luck!

Julie said...

How is your cute Aunt Karen...I am glad you got to spend time with them. I know you miss your family!