Sunday, February 8, 2009

What A Day ...

Today started out pretty early. We had to wake the kids up to take Ty to the airport. The kids were great at just getting up and putting their sweaters on. They were so sad to see daddy leave. I told the kids we were only going to Sacrament Meeting and that made them pretty happy. You would think that since we were only going for an hour it would have been pretty smooth ... nope! Jacob wanted the entire row to himself, Owen accidently kicked Madi in the face and then he pulled my hair and took the clip out that was holding my hair together. Awesome!

After that lovely hour, we came home and had a fun afternoon making brownies for our dessert and putting Valentine cards together. I love spending time like this with my kids. We watched a movie and laughed all day. Later, we ran over to Ty's parents house so Madi could ask them some questions for her Grandparent Day Program. It's not until next month, but I guess they need as much preparation done as soon as possible .. chop, chop! Madi also called her grandparents in California and asked them the same questions. We filled out a Family Tree too. I'm looking forward to her Program. She said she has a part to read and songs to sing. I can't wait Miss Madi Ann ...

One conversation I had with the kids this afternoon that I thought was hysterical, was about them remembering me when I was pregnant with Owen. Jacob remembers ... Who? What? When? Huh? But Madi remembers ALOT. Almost too much. One thing she remembers the most was when I would be eating something, she said I always had another in my hand and said that if she would ask me if she could have it or some of it, I always said "no, it's for baby Owen." How sad is that, she was like 4 1/2 and I was eating in front of her and saying "NO!" It is funny that she remembers that though. Oh, she also said in a very shy and sweet eye lashy way that I was "really big!"

Anyway-

I have no idea what ingredient I put in the casserole tonight, but we have been all laughs tonight. Oh, wow! It started with Owen and Jacob saying their night time prayers. Jacob said his first "hfjdhfjkahfjkfhasjfhgdjfgdaskfcnufhewfjksafjkdsfhjdk." Then it was Owen's turn. He started out fine but then wanted to use his Darth Vader voice. Jacob could not handle it and yelled for me. That made Owen mad, so he lifted one leg up and farted. Nice! So then Jacob just yelled louder. I go in to supervise and as I'm kneeling down, Owen climbs up on my back and with both legs dangling beside me, he prays. This time with Owen voice. It was sweet, it really was. Then Owen wanted Jesse to sleep while dangling upside down from the rope on his basketball hoop. He wanted her hat to be on her as well (and I really just wanted a PEPSI), so I found the duck tape and taped her hat on. Madi and Jacob had a good laugh at that. While Madi was fetching the scissors for me to cut the tape, she yelled out for Owen to "improvise." What? So after more laughing and giggling it was finally off to dream land for the kids ... and the pepsi is tasting so dang good!

6 comments:

amy16 said...

So glad to see your blog is working. I know we see each other almost daily, but I love to see how you spend the rest of your time.

What would you do without that Owen.

Becky Gray said...

Thanks for the story about being pregnant with Owen... I love Madi remembering you didn't share with her... Haha I love little Owen he is a crack-up!! You forgot to mention giving Owen's church shoes away... you are a funny girl

Lindsey said...

HOW FUNNY:) BETWEEN YOU NOT SHARING YOUR FOOD WITH HER AND GRANDPA AT THE POOL THE GIRL MIGHT NEED SOME COUNSLING..HA HA J/K THAT IS FUNNY THE WAY KIDS MINDS WORK:)LOVE YOUR NEW PAGE!!!

Jill Petersen said...

There's something about being alone with the kids when daddy is away! I feel calmer somehow. Like I don't have to hurry and do so much and I can just laugh with the kids. It was fun to read about your day! I love days like that with my kids. They are few and far between because I am not as Fun as you, but I still love them!!! I knew titling my last blog belly button would make you pause! lol!

.........Still ME! said...

I'm with Amy....glad to see that your blog still works! (I know I dont have much room to talk) And I dont see you every day! I want to know everything!

Your children make me smile!! I love them!!

The Enloe Family said...

Oh that made me really miss you guys!!! I laughed a lot too. It sounds like you had fun. Parker is leaving me for 8 days here soon so maybe I will have some good adventures to write about!!! Our Owen doesn't get gum anymore cause we found it in his hair the other day and he usually swallows it. Oh the fun!!! We need to get together soon!!!