Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jacob's 1st Day of Kindergarten!

Last night before Jacob went to bed I asked him what he wanted to wear on his first day. He looked at me like "why the crap do I care!" So with that expression I asked him in a different way by showing him all the new shirts I bought him and as I was holding each one up he immediately smiled and said "that one!" So funny. He had a fast breakfast with Madi this morning because I was racing around with my head cut off trying to get both kids ready for school. Total shock for a new girl! I love this picture of him with his adorable cheeser!
The sun was pretty bright...sorry buddy! Thanks for that handsome smile! "Ok, jump in the car and off to school we go!"
This picture was the blame for those bittersweet tears...2 kids in Elementary School! I must face the fact that I'm getting old...Yikes!
Jacob was so great...I could tell he wanted to crawl in a hole a couple of times but he did'nt, he just went with it! Good job dude! We found out that chicks dig walkers. The little girls were so sweet, especially our darling neighbor Avery! I was happy to be there to help my little boy with his walker. Kindergarten is such a joy I tell ya!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

WHAT A CUTE BOY!! THAT IS THE SHIRT HUNTER WANTED TO WEAR TOO!!I'M GLAD EVERYTHING WENT GOOD TODAY!!

.........Still ME! said...

Seriously Jacob, could you be any more cute! I am so glad your first day was great, I bet you will remember it for the rest of your life! Not many kids get to take their mom to their first day of school, right?

Becky Gray said...

Awesome Jacob!!!! I'm sure you were a "chick magnet" with the walker. Carrie you make me feel really OLD.. now that you have 2 kids in elementary... AAAgh!! try 2 in jr high... Love ya

Jill Petersen said...

Yep, he's too cute! It IS just like Grandma Petersen's walker! ha ha! That made me laugh a bit! I am sure after a couple more days he'll feel a bit more comfortable. You will too. I had a hard time sending Belle off to Kindergarden last year too. Now I know I'm getting old and try not to care! I don't mind that they are in school all day. Just a few more years and they'll ALL be in school ALL DAY! I think I might lose it then! What will I do with myself?! Probably get a job!

Such sweet pictures btw!

Julie said...

Good Job Jacob! I agree could you be any cuter? I love you so much and I am so happy that you had a good day at school, walker and all!
I bet you are the coolest kid in the class, because you are the only one with a green cast and a walker, and a mommy that gets to sit with you. And yes, you are a "chick magnet" girls like the mysterious types!

Megan said...

Happy First Day Buba! You look so handsome. Its awesome you already have a ton of friends in your class!!!


And yes Carrie it is crazy our boys are in Kindergarten. I remember us being pregnant and going to costco. Time flys!!!!!!

Megan said...

And please do venture this way, we would love to have you up here!!!!

Michelle Y. said...

Jacob is as cute as it gets. What a brave kid. I loved your comment on my blog about the booger, I read it to my mom and we cracked up.

Arlene said...

Looks like you've changed your blog layout - it is cute, I like it! Thanks for leading a great group of gals for a great Super Saturday! I am really excited for it - I think we have some awesome stuff!

Sorry to hear about Jacob - I should have asked how he is doing, but from his first day of Kindergarten pictures it looks like he's doing great!