Saturday, June 7, 2008

Madi's Act of Service...

Madi's friend's father has stage 4 colon cancer. Our school gathered together and put on a Fundraiser/Bake Sale to help this family. Madi was so excited to help and made sure I was up and ready at 6:30a.m. to go over and sell our famous Rhodes Rolls. I love Madi's willingness to help...she is so sweet! My sweet mother-in-law baked 200 rolls, we sold less than that and made $400... the rest of our rolls were donated to whoever won the David Archuleta picture and autograph, which auctioned off for over $100. Our hearts and prayers are with Megan and her family!
Madi is truly my best friend and I love everything about her (with or w/out teeth)! It's an honor to be her mom. Thanks for the memory Madi!

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

okay, now you're making ME cry! That's a sweet post. I saw these pictures on Julies blog of course but didn't hear your story about it!! Precious!

Lindsey said...

I THINK SHE IS BEAUITFUL.. I LOVE HER SMILE RIGHT NOW!!! SHE IS SO FRECK'IN CUTE!!!